Keep it civil (aka. don’t be rude)
We don't foresee a lot of heated discussion kicking-up in comments section of our blog about houseplants, but it could happen! If it does, that's fine and we encourage you to defend your ideas, but in order for conversation to thrive we need to remember to criticise ideas, not people.
So, remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks
- responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- knee-jerk contradiction
Comments that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, or harassing may be removed. If you don’t have something nice to say about another user, don't say it. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated.
Keep it tidy
Help make our lives easier by taking a moment to ensure that what you’re about to post is in the right place. That means:
- don’t post off-topic comments or discussions: check the Explore page to find the appropriate channel for your topic
- don’t cross-post the same thing multiple times
- review any specific posting guidelines for the community: some communities such as a movies community may have specific rules regarding spoilers.
- check if another active discussion on your topic has already been posted
Finally, remember the comments section is public and isn't the best place to contact Little Green directly. Please use the Contact Us page if you'd like to discuss something private or not related to a specific blog post.
If you see something, say something
If you see something you don't think belongs in our comments section, please report it. This will help us combat spam, mediate disputes and enforce community guidelines.
v.1.0 March 2018